[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” module_id=”fullwidthheader” _builder_version=”4.4.3″][et_pb_fullwidth_header title=”Data Management Associate” background_overlay_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” _builder_version=”4.9.1″ title_font=”|700|||||||” subhead_font_size=”26px” background_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” background_image=”https://www.climateworks.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/All-Color-Gradient.png” hover_enabled=”0″ custom_css_main_element=”max-with:960px;” sticky_enabled=”0″][/et_pb_fullwidth_header][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ module_class=”nopadding” _builder_version=”4.4.6″ background_color=”#ffffff” locked=”off”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.4.3″ custom_margin=”30px||30px||true|false” locked=”off”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.4.3″][et_pb_code admin_label=”Intro Summary” module_class=”homepageintro” _builder_version=”4.9.1″ hover_enabled=”0″ locked=”off” sticky_enabled=”0″]
[/et_pb_code][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.1″ hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″]
The Global Intelligence Service at ClimateWorks Foundation identifies high-impact opportunities for philanthropy to enable deep cuts in greenhouse gas emissions. With data-rich information and analysis, we equip philanthropy and the climate community with insights to build and execute transformative climate strategies. Global Intelligence services and products include both climate insights and philanthropic insights.
The Systems & Processes team works collaboratively with the Global Intelligence team to curate and maintain the systems and processes that we use to collect, store, analyze and share climate and philanthropic insight related data with internal staff and our partners. The philanthropic insights function of the Global Intelligence service is one of many shared responsibilities between the Global Intelligence team and the Systems & Processes team in support of the Global Intelligence Service.
The Data Management Associate will collect, categorize, process, and support analysis of data on a range of topics related to climate funding flows, supporting ClimateWorks Foundation’s efforts to identify investment priorities, and support effective deployment of funding. This position requires excellent research, analytical, organizational and project management skills, and immaculate attention to detail. The Data Management Associate is expected to become deeply familiar with the Foundation’s funding database and taxonomy of strategies in order to support synthesis of foundation funding trends for climate mitigation.
In order to scale our current processes and systems to efficiently track larger and more complex datasets, the foundation is evaluating artificial intelligence solutions and other approaches to assist with key process improvements. The right candidate may have a key role in implementing and utilizing a yet to be identified AI solution, and would benefit from having or being interested in learning programmatic coding languages such as Python, R, etc.
This position will focus on the philanthropic insights function of the Global Intelligence Service and will report to the Director, Systems & Processes.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Data owner for multiple streams of data within MS Excel and Salesforce databases; own all processes related to assigned data types:
- Collect, clean and process data provided by partners or extracted from external systems and upload into Salesforce database; ensure timeliness of data uploads and contribute to process improvements.
- Collect, categorize, process and maintain multiple connections of data coming from publicly available data sources using web scraping technology
- Manage ongoing timelines, tracking high volumes of data from readiness through completion
- Be responsible for data quality control, performing regular audits to ensure data integrity
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with data providers in order to encourage timely responses and facilitate strong connections around our shared missions
- Work across teams and additional databases that integrate with Salesforce, to help maintain data integrity across systems
Participate in the design and maintenance of user-facing Salesforce database
- Assist in implementation and testing of new database features
- Assist with ongoing data architecture processes, process improvements and data governance
- Participate in and potentially lead the scoping and implementation of more sophisticated data management functionality to handle datasets growing in volume and complexity
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in an analyst, research, or database support role; experience working in the environmental field a plus
- A passion for clean and organized data, including the innate curiosity and drive to identify the source of data errors and their solutions
- Immaculate attention to detail and strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel is a must
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies; experience with Salesforce, Qlik, and programming tools such as Python, R, etc are a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate in a friendly, patient, and professional manner with other CWF departments and with foundation partners. Experience providing high level customer service to clients or partners a plus.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion, as well as an understanding of donor confidentiality issues
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision and collectively as part of a team with colleagues at all levels
- Demonstrated success multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines and managing changing priorities – experience with formal project management systems a plus
- Willingness to take initiative, help problem-solve and work cross-functionally across departments to support short-term and long-term Global Intelligence and organizational goals
- Commitment to ClimateWorks’ mission and values
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment
- ClimateWorks Foundation is committed to building a staff that reflects the global community our mission serves. Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. Our offices are closed due to Covid-19, and employees are working from home. We anticipate transitioning back to in-person work in our office in line with health and safety guidelines sometime in the second half of 2021.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.