[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” module_id=”fullwidthheader” _builder_version=”4.4.3″][et_pb_fullwidth_header title=”Development Manager” background_overlay_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” _builder_version=”4.9.1″ title_font=”|700|||||||” subhead_font_size=”26px” background_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” background_image=”https://www.climateworks.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/All-Color-Gradient.png” custom_css_main_element=”max-with:960px;”][/et_pb_fullwidth_header][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ module_class=”nopadding” _builder_version=”4.4.6″ background_color=”#ffffff” locked=”off”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.4.3″ custom_margin=”30px||30px||true|false” locked=”off”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.4.3″][et_pb_code admin_label=”Intro Summary” module_class=”homepageintro” _builder_version=”4.9.1″ locked=”off”]
[/et_pb_code][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.1″ hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″]
Department Summary – Development Department
Led by the Vice President for Development, the Development team at ClimateWorks leads fundraising for the organization and also supports efforts to generate funder interest in climate mitigation generally. Development works to build strategic relationships with key funders in climate mitigation to support the top climate solutions and helps to introduce new funders to opportunities in climate philanthropy. The team works closely with ClimateWorks Executive, Finance and Programs teams, the Climate Leadership Initiative, and regional climate foundations.
ClimateWorks is seeking a skilled and motivated Development Manager to play an essential role on the Development team and oversee critical elements to support fulfilling our fundraising
The Development Manager plays an important role in managing a portfolio of programs to support the department’s stewardship, funder/prospect proposals and reporting activities, and leads specific pieces of development operations. This position reports to the Director of Development, collaborating with both ClimateWorks staff and other colleagues in this field to help increase and expand grantmaking revenue for ClimateWorks and the field. The Development Manager will be resourceful and demonstrate initiative to help advance the Department’s goals.
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Lead development strategies, processes and project management for a select portfolio of programs at ClimateWorks in partnership with program colleagues, to help
- build partnerships with funders and prospects, as well as with partners and government agencies. This includes the following key activities
- preparing proposals to funders/prospects, stewardship reports, and creating materials for other stewardship activities;
- developing marketing materials in collaboration with Marketing;
- developing and maintaining prospect lists and supporting prospect strategies for cultivation and solicitation;
- maintaining familiarity with program content, goals and objectives.
- Liaise with ClimateWorks’ Development, Program and Finance teams to track progress against grant activities/outcomes, review grant awards, and report on grant expenses for core support funders and for select priority programs, and all non-priority program grants to ClimateWorks.
- Manage coordination for Development and Finance regarding budget reporting and other related activities.
- Prepare contact reports of relevant funder/prospect conversations, meetings and events.
- Develop and prepare reports for the funding pipeline of select priority programs.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a fast-paced development/fundraising role. Past work at an environmental organization a plus. (7-10 years preferred).
- Demonstrated success in proposal/grant-writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to work well with funders, executive team, and colleagues at all levels.
- Strong critical thinking, research, analytic, and organizational skills. Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion, as well as an understanding of donor confidentiality issues.
- Detailed-oriented, ability to work on multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven experience using fundraising databases, computer proficiency. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Willingness to take initiative, help problem-solve and work cross-functionally with colleagues and across departments to support short-term and long-term Development and organizational goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collectively as part of a team.
- Commitment to ClimateWorks’ mission and values.
- Commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. Our offices are closed due to Covid-19, and employees are working from home. We anticipate transitioning back to in-person work in our office in line with health and safety guidelines sometime in the second half of 2021.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.