The Business Applications Training Specialist is part of a systems and planning team and is responsible for supporting internal and partner staff in driving adoption, ongoing user engagement, and promoting best practices in the various information systems within ClimateWorks. This includes identifying opportunities and recommendations for adoption as well as risk management.
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Specialist works in close partnership with the ClimateWorks programs team, development team, senior staff, and network partners around the globe to evaluate opportunities for increased engagement, to train and educate staff, and to generate policies and procedures to support implementation of best practices related to ClimateWorks’ suite of information systems. This is a cross-functional role that interfaces with multiple stakeholders, and the Specialist must have the communication skills and personal capabilities to operate in a collaborative, consensus-driven environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of the ClimateWorks product suite.
- Partner with and educate users on optimizing new features and releases. Drive a high level of user engagement by providing customized training.
- Develop role-specific training curricula including agendas, materials, and handouts in various formats (video, document, presentations) to share with users and store in well-organized repository.
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends, provide recommendations based on risk and business needs.
- Proactively conduct periodic user health-checks to represent the voice of the user.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams using focus groups, surveys, and one on one check-ins to collect feedback and drive continuous improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on best practices and emerging trends to inform adoption and engagement approaches.
- Generate policies and procedures to support training of new hires, and ongoing implementation of best practices across departments.
- Assist with needs assessment, and design and launch of new systems.
- 3+ years of customer/community success management, technical/product training, implementation consulting, or client management experience.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field such as business, information science, education or IT; or equivalent work Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience training users in business systems and databases, with knowledge of CRM functions preferred. Salesforce certification or comparable experience desirable.
- Experience in needs assessment and implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service and/or CRM. Fluxx or other Grants Management software experience a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in process improvement, project management, and service excellence methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to verbally and visually present complex concepts and technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise fashion. Comfortable presenting in front of groups, and in virtual settings. Customer Service experience in the non-profit industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills. Diplomacy, patience, and poise under pressure.
- High degree of comfort and success with projects involving significant change management within the organization, specifically new technology projects, databases, or systems.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, including working under pressure and managing shifting priorities.
- Experience working in service to a broad range of stakeholders and the ability to function in a networked environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks.
Compensation and location
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role to: email@example.com.